Truck Campers

Do Campers Have Titles To Use For A Loan?

Jeziel Granados

Jeziel Granados

Total Posts: 62

Published Date: November 23, 2022

Jeziel Granados is the Content Manager at Champion Cash Title Loans, responsible for developing and distributing engaging content across various platforms. He strategizes content marketing to align with the company's...

The best traveling experience comes when you can commute freely around and cherish the journey. Moreover, the truck camper considers a recreational vehicle working as a mobile home at the same time. There’s nothing better than carrying your own home for outings. Besides, if you do not know much about the laws for truck campers, camper titles, driving license plates, or certification, continue to read this blog guide. Truck campers refer to travel trailers, specifically known as cargo, and do not need titles. In many situations, you must get the title from the state where you reside.

In clear words, truck campers do not create income in big amounts and this can be the reason for not registering the title loans in different states. In addition, if you reside in a state having low cash or want to keep the recreational vehicle separate from the personal vehicle, choosing a truck camper having no title can be the ideal option present for your requirements.

With this blog guide, we will share the necessary information regarding truck campers and clear the myths regarding recreational vehicles and different travel trailers. Let’s get started

Defining Truck Camper

The truck camper is a motor vehicle similar to RV that has a truck bed equipped. They are a better option than mobile homes. Not every person has the opportunity to enjoy living in one place. Most individuals want to own a travel trailer that works similarly to a mobile home. These comfortable vehicles have the features such as beds, kitchens, and ample space one can utilize as per their requirement. Most of the truck campers are not bigger and most states do not consider them as recreational vehicles but as cargo. 

Continue to read to know if truck campers have titles.

Do I Need A Truck Camper Title?

There are a lot of complications surrounding truck campers including the fact that not every truck camper needs an authorized VIN. Most of the truck campers do not have an axle making it hard to register it as a motor vehicle. The non-presence of an axle makes it tough to classify the type of RV. The VIN will track the history of every vehicle, specifically in the situation of theft, recalls, and accidents.

If your RV has a valid VIN then you can verify the year, type, and certificate of registration. In addition, you will get to know why not having a VIN creates an issue when planning to get a title and registration certificate.

Different States Different Rules

Every state in the nation has a different truck camper registration and licensing process. Most of the states recognize RVs title loans having no title considered as cargo. A few states make use of the truck camper’s certificate of ownership to license and register it as an RV. Most states consider campers as cargo because they are equipped with a truck bed. On buying the vehicle you will get the certificate that comes with a serial number verifying the ownership of the truck camper.

Does Your Truck Camper Need a Title?

If you reside in the state where registering the camper truck is legal then you can apply for the title. In many situations, one can use the ownership certificate of the trailer’s VIN. One must visit the DMV for issuing the title. The suggestion is to pay the fee for getting the plates licensed.

In which states does truck camper require registration?

These are the states that require motor homes to be registered: Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, and Washington. 

Stop stressing over as the DMV office will help with truck camper registration

You must bring the bill receipt and proof of insurance to the DMV. One must get the documents ready when reaching the department of motor vehicles.

Should I worry about license plates?

If the state you are in needs to register the trailer you will get a new license plate. For many states that do not need registration, you won’t be required to have a separate license plate for campers.

All this depends on the laws and regulations of the state. In many situations, the states need registration within 30 days after you have visited the state. Make sure that some states will charge a fine if you fail to do so or are late with a payment. If you continue to drive the vehicle in the state where you are legally required to register the truck camper you may charge for the ticket.

© 2024 Champion Financial Services DBA. Champion Cash Loans


California: All loans are made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders Law License Number: 60DBO-35846.
Arizona: Loans made pursuant to Arizona Department of Financial Institutions Sales Finance Company License SF-1005405.

*Our loans can be up to $50,000 depending on certain factors. Depending on the time when the application is submitted, the funds could be given the same day or next day.

**Loans with an annual interest rate of 36% are limited to loan amounts between $2,500 to $9,999.00, while supplies last. The actual loan amount, term, and Annual Percentage Rate of the loan that an applicant qualifies may vary by applicant, lender, and the law requirements of those terms. Minimum loan amounts, terms, and rates may vary by state. Consumers need to demonstrate the ability to repay the loan.

THIS LOAN (Auto-Tile or Personal Loan) IS NOT INTENDED TO MEET LONG-TERM FINANCIAL NEEDS. Loan proceeds are intended primarily for personal, family, and household purposes. This service does not constitute an offer or solicitation for consumers in all states. This service may not be available in your particular state. The state of this site services may change from time to time without notice.

The actual loan amount, term, and Annual Percentage Rate of the loan that an applicant qualifies may vary by applicant, lender and the law requirements of those terms. Minimum loan amounts may vary by state. Consumers need to demonstrate the ability to repay the loan.

CFS Investments is licensed or registered as a finance lender as required by applicable state law and does not offer or service student loans. CFS Investments is not providing financial advice and does not warrant the accuracy of information as it subject to change without notice about its current product guidelines.

*CFS Investments may act as the broker for the loan, and may not be the direct lender or servicer of your loan. All loan applications are subject to meeting underwriting and credit criteria, which includes providing acceptable property as collateral. The actual loan amount, term, and Annual Percentage Rate of the loan that an applicant qualifies may vary by applicant. Minimum loan amounts may vary by state. Consumers need to demonstrate the ability to repay the loan. Credit Approval is subject to the credit criteria standards. A bank account is required as a condition and in order to obtain a Persona Loan. Loan proceeds may need to be disbursed via Automatic Clearing House (“ACH”) to the borrower’s bank account. The actual availability of funds can vary based on bank processing times, daily ACH deadlines, and weekends and holidays. Inquiring for a personal loan and its minimum requirements does not impact your credit score, however, completing a full application may affect your credit score.

CFS Investments, Inc. dba Champion Financial Services, Top Cash Loan, and PrestaQuickly. The terms and conditions set forth within the “General Terms and Conditions, up to and including but limited to the “Wireless Policy” applies to all CFS Investments, Inc. owned or operated websites in the aforementioned “DBA’s”.

If you are using a screen-reader and are having problems using this website, please give us a call at 1-888-798-1970 for immediate assistance.

Call Now
Apply Now